In an interesting twist, Richard, the kind gentleman who sold me my
Tsugami NCM45 also has another Tsugami lathe, this time a (per Richard
-  1986?) 'PL3B which has 11.8" on X&Z, some kind of air chuck and was
used for machining lenses. (r)an the spindle,nice and quiet. Very clean
sump to top. Oiling system works great.' Appx weight is 5000lb.
Alternative to an angel is the scrap heap.
It's a gang tool unit, smaller than my NCM45. Richard got it to strip
out the Fanuc O-t control as spare parts for some of their other
equipment. (Which by my guess means it could be primed for an EMC2
refit!) That's all the info I have, but if anyone in interested, PM me
and I'll put you in direct contact - and you can negotiate all you want.
Since Richard isn't a list member, I didn't want to put up his personal
info publicly, however he'd be quite happy to hear from someone who
wants the unit! rishard is in Nescopeck, PA and if you drop by my blog
you'll also note that the freight/trucking company a few miles from his
place was quite helpful! (And apologies for the somewhat weird post).

Does anyone make bumper stickers for "Save Old Iron"?  :-)

Ted