Interesting.  On most of my Unix boxes, I can make a text file
executable by simply changing the permissions.  I can make a no
extension file opened by a certain program by simply changing an
environment variable.  Unix gives you all the flexibility and options
you could ever want or need, and not have to rely on hard and fast file
extensions like a Microsoft product.

Mark

On 04/07/2010 09:15 AM, Bernhard Kubicek wrote:
> I don't know on which "magic" system you work, but on my linux nearly
> everything runs on file extension :)
> It enables a lot of usefull features, e.g. the filtering in emc.
>

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Kent A. Reed<knbr...@erols.com>  wrote:
>

>>> Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 10:04:27 +0200
>>> From: Bernhard Kubicek<bernhard.kubi...@gmail.com>
>>> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] C Style Extensions for GCode
>>> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)"
>>>
>>> it is quite obvious that a good incooporation to emc would be:
>>> 1) give them a specific file extenions eg : .cgc
>>> 2) have your filter expect the code from standard input e.g. std:cin