On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 07:53:48PM -0700, Neil Baylis wrote:

> would you care to hazard a guess at how much phase shift you see from the
> 7i48 input to the velocity input at the servo amp?

There's at least a millisecond delay between the motion and the amp
seeing the corresponding tach signal, because that's my servo cycle.

The maximum possible difference between the velocities during
consecutive servo cycles is the acceleration, so it seems like the
badness ("staleness"?) of the tach signal is proportional to the
acceleration.  (But decreasing the servo cycle period would oppose
that effect...)

I'm not sure I answered your question.

Chris