Niels, Andy and Ed

Thanks for your advice and links to the solutions. I tried some of these
last night on my little converted EMCO F1 mill, and I think it will solve my
problems. By having a subroutines Probe_Init and Probe_Tool in two files
that  can be loaded directly after each TnM6 command in my GCODE file, the
process becomes semi-automatic and user friendly for changing tools during a
job.

The  file calls can probably be inserted automatically by my CAM
post-processor. I will try to add that to the PP.

I will fit a probe switch to my bigger HERMLE mill in the next few days as
well and try it out on a job using 4 different tools.

Once again EMC2 (and its able and willing users) have come up with a good
solution.

Rudy