I have to admit I like Dells as well. They seem to be pretty well
designed.

My network server has a fairly old motherboard with an AMD 500MHz
processor. They don't run as hot as modern CPUs so it will run fanless
with an oversized heatsink. I also have a 12V fan running on 5V just for
peace of mind. The OS boots off a CF card but main storage is 2x 300GB
mechanical hard drives. Every day it backs up one drive to the other. It
has been running 24/7 for many years.

The PSU is a 600W one with an oversized fan running on 5V instead of
12V. The computer probably only pulls around 100 - 150W so the PSU is
hardly ticking over.

I have a SSD in my office computer for the fantastic speed. However it
did fail after less than 6 months which is rather worrying. It was
replaced under warranty but it doesn't bode well for long term life.

Les