At 08:35 AM 10/30/2010, you wrote:
>On 10/30/2010 7:21 AM, Mark Wendt (Contractor) wrote:
> > At 06:58 PM 10/29/2010, you wrote:
> >> Now an AVR based doohickey that can have internal HAL-like signal
> >> connections between its peripherals - that would be something :)
> >>
> >> - Steve
> > Steve,
> >
> >           As long as it's a doohickey.  A thingamijig with the same
> > functions would just be a waste of time and money, and a
> > whatchamacallit is just way too out of line to even consider.  ;-)
> >
> > Mark
>For me, it's likely to remain a roundtoit (as in, "get a ...").
>
>The silly season appears to be upon us. Maybe it's a Halloween effect.
>
>Regards,
>Kent
>
>PS - sorry for the preceding email "burp". I dropped a folder on my
>keyboard and Thunderbird fired off the message I was editing.

Kent,

         It's always the silly season around my
household.  ;-)  Spent the last week using a vixen file to file down
my vacuum hold down platen on my saw beveler.  The platen that I
thought was flat, wasn't.  As a result, I was ending up with tapered
bamboo triangular strips that didn't really follow the taper I set
forth to achieve in the G code.  Platen is 60" long, and 1"
wide.  You get really silly filing .001" out of a 6" section of
that.  Even sillier when you have to knock down .003" - .005" of said
platen.  But it is now off less than .0005" the entire length.  I
think I just passed my apprenticeship test.  That much filing ought
to get you a journeyman's card anywhere...  ;-)

Mark