Hello, folks!

After my previous mail to the list I was encouraged by John Thornton
to simplify thc.comp, and so I did. I removed several functions,
including the idea that Z position is reported back without the offset
added by thc.
I would like thc to be as simple as possible - compare actual
thc.volts and thc.volts-requested and then issue changes for Z
position, if necessary. And that is it. I find it more convenient, if
EMC receives back actual Z position, not the (actual - offset). And I
find it more convenient, if that offset is not removed, once EMC knows
the actual Z position.
But the problem with this concept is that now I am stuck with a
fundamental question - how to avoid following error on Z axis.

The thing is that THC module "sits" between axis.3.motor-pos-cmd and
stepgen.3.position-cmd, so the actual behavior after enabling THC is
that axis.3.motor-pos-fb changes, while axis.3.motor-pos-cmd does not.
And, if I understand correctly, then EMC checks difference between
these two to calculate the amount of following error.

So I have a question - is there a way to "tell" EMC, that joint.3
following error should be ignored, when and only when THC is enabled?
But I suspect that I would get that following error as soon as THC is
disabled.

So can thc module be placed before axis.3.motor-pos-cmd? Or maybe
something similar in this order:
1) taking axis.3.motor-pos-cmd value, saving it as "old value", e.g.
axis.3.motor-pos-cmd-old
2) giving it to z-pos-in
3) calculating offset
4) giving new position data to z-pos-out
5) give z-pos-out value to axis.3.motor-pos-cmd

Would something like this actually work?

Thanks in advance!

with best regards,
Viesturs