On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 07:21 -0800, Kirk Wallace wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 08:56 +0200, Slavko Kocjancic wrote:
> ... snip
> > As e_stop_latch has near same output (one of them) it's good idea to
> > mention it in that wiki.
>
> I mentioned in the wiki that it may be appropriate to use the charge
> pump detector as _part_ of an e-stop system. E-stop is a bigger subject
> than charge pump. This may or may not be something I'll have time to get
> to.
>
> Oops, I now realize you're saying that e_stop_latch has a charge pump
> like feature? I'll look into it, thanks.
... snip

I think I get it, e-stop latch should be mentioned along with the other
pump enable inputs on the wiki page. A Mazak page
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?MazakEstopChain

mentions the charge pump and latch so I'll need to study it. My feeling
right now is that the pump should be on any time EMC2 is sane, or sane
with the machine "On", with the CP detector as just another switch in
the e-stop loop.
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html