Sorry Jeff, the reply was sent to you, instead of the list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: [Emc-users] EMC2 10.04 sim problems
Date:   Sun, 16 Jan 2011 16:49:53 -0600
From:   Mark Cason <farmerboy1...@yahoo.com>
To:     Jeff Epler <jep...@unpythonic.net>

On 01/16/2011 03:24 PM, Jeff Epler wrote:
>>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>>      File "/usr/bin/axis", line 3951, in<module>
>>        make_cone()
>>      File "/usr/bin/axis", line 1395, in make_cone
>>        gluCylinder(q, 0, .1, .25, 32, 1)
>>  minigl.error: (1282, 'invalid operation')
>  This is the real error.  It probably indicates that something is broken
>  about the OpenGL setup on your system.
>
>  You could verify that this is the case by running with a GUI that
>  doesn't require OpenGL, such as sim/tkemc.ini.  Or you could run another
>  OpenGL program such as glxgears or /usr/lib/xscreensaver/glmatrix -- if
>  they also fail or have an incorrect display, then look to your opengl
>  setup as the cause of the problem.  Consider installing the package
>  libgl1-mesa-swx11 which generally gives a working software-only OpenGL
>  implementation regardless of the underlying video driver.
>
>  Jeff

   Odd, that was the first thing I checked.  glxgears was running
700-900, and all of the GL screensavers ran, albeit, a bit slower than I
was expecting.  I verified that the VirtualBox video driver was
installed, and running, and, according to it's ChangeLog, it's supposed
to be OpenGL compliant.   mesa-utils, and libgl1-mesa, are also installed.

   Earlier this morning, as a test, I installed 8.04 with EMC2-2.3, and
everything works as expected.  Once I upgraded 2.3 to 2.4, it failed,
with the same error.  Is OpenGL a new addition?, or does it require a
newer version of OpenGL?

   I'll run some tests on 10.04, and see what I can find.

--
-Mark

Ne M'oubliez   ---Family Motto
Hope for the best, plan for the worst   ---Personal Motto