    I have a similar issue I'd like to change.

    I have a sticky spindle motor on a dental mill,
    and sometimes it doesn't want to start. So I start
    it using the spindle on/off toggle, and after it's
    running, I start milling.

    But when I start milling, the spindle is commanded off,
    and immediately right back on. Most of the time the spindle
    starts running again.

    I'm going to see if I can change it so that the spindle
    is not stopped when starting a milling operation.
    (But that makes it real "interesting" when the tool-change
    notice box comes up and asks you to insert tool #1!)

    This isn't something that would be useful in the regular
    release, but it'll be fun seeing if I can make it work.

                      -Alan