I'm guessing you are building on Ubuntu 10.  Hidcomp was last built and
released on Ubuntu 8 (binaries tested on 10)

To build on Ubuntu 10...

Add to "include/datatypes.h"

#include <sys/types.h>

And in "hid/lcddataformatter.cpp", add

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdarg.h>

The next release will be built under Ubuntu 10.  I'll be adding keyboard
support (map key combination to an output pin), and support USB devices with
multiple interfaces (it only uses interface 0 at the moment - devices like
keyboards with multimedia controls - interface 0 = keyboard, interface 1 =
multimedia device - won't work).

Frank

-Igeneratedfiles/release