I don't know if you're still trying to figure this out.

What was the encoder scale set to and how many pulses per rev does the
encoder put out. If you're using a quadrature encoder with 250
pulses/rev, the scale should be 16.666667 = (250 pulses/rev) * (4
quadrature counts per pulse) / (60 RPM/RPS).

Karl