Martin;

For what it's worth - I'm playing with a new machine of mine (Sieg "KX1" with
Gecko G540) and am looking at the backlash in the x-y table.

To do this, I put a dial indicator on an axis;

move +1mm, +1mm, +1mm, all show accurate moves;
move +1mm +1mm -1mm shows the backlash.

What if you did the same? At least it would show if you can move each axis as
you expect.

>From a newbie;
JohnS.