On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Sebastian Kuzminsky <s...@highlab.com> wrote:

>> Unexpected event EV_ABS ABS_48
>> Unexpected event EV_ABS ABS_49

That's because the EMC HID driver hal_input doesn't handle all data
from your USB device.

The regular kernel HID driver defines the EV_ABS events with codes
(ABS_xxx) up to 63 (0x3f), but hal_input only handles what is defined
in lib/python/linux_event.py, where the highest event is ABS_MISC
(0x28 or decimal 40), and throws an error when your USB device sends
ABS_MT_TOUCH_MAJOR (code 0x30 or decimal 48) and higher.

The Linux kernel driver uses codes defined in
/usr/include/linux/input.h, so linux_event.py should be modified to
match it; I enclose a patch that Sebastian can apply directly. I don't
have the check-in privileges in the EMC2 git repo, so perhaps the
original author of linux_event.py (Jeff Epler) or someone else could
apply it there.