Hi all,
I want a simulator-build for playing around with emc2 on 64-bit ubuntu 11.10.
Following the instructions on the wiki I do:
$ git clone git://git.linuxcnc.org/git/emc2.git emc2-dev
$ cd emc2-dev
$ cd debian
$ ./configure sim
$ cd ..
$ dpkg-checkbuilddeps

I've installed everything that dpkg-checkbuilddeps suggests, but it
also suggests tk8.4 and tcl8.4, and installing those seem to create
conflicts with tk8.5 and tcl8.5 which I already have. Then:

$ cd src
$ ./autogen.sh
$ ./configure --enable-simulator
$ make

and I get linking errors:
Linking gs2_vfd
objects/hal/user_comps/modbus.o: In function `modbus_connect_rtu':
/emc2-dev/src/hal/user_comps/modbus.c:945: undefined reference to `g_print'

I looked in the 'configure' script around line 4194 for how glib is detected.
On my system I get
$ pkg-config glib-2.0 --modversion
2.30.0
pkg-config glib-2.0 --cflags
-I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include
$ pkg-config glib-2.0 --libs
-lglib-2.0

Help!

Anders