The codebase moved to github some time ago:
https://github.com/heeks

The google-code page might still have some useful stuff in the wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/heekscad/

There's been some activity around FreeCAD also. It is, like heekscad,
based on OpenCascade, and has python scripting/bindings:
http://free-cad.sourceforge.net/

I've worked on some cutter-projection algorithms for 3D machining
(opencamlib), a voronoi-diagram algorithm for 2D
machining(openvoronoi), and a cutting-simulation for toolpath
verification(cutsim, could/should be integrated into emc2?). All of
these projects are more or less experimental (if you're talented at
c++, math, geometry, computational-geometry or something similar we
need your help!)

Anders