On 27 December 2011 17:53, gene heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> Not having any really effective way to speed adjust this induction motor so
> the spindle can be effectively stopped in the last 1/4 turn to the end
> point, from perhaps 1000 rpm when doing small threads, may be making the
> problem worse in my mind than it is in practice.

Indeed you are. G76 simply stops moving in Z, rapids out, and returns
to the start of the thread. No need to stop/start the spindle. You get
a partial-turn run-out at the end of the thread, but the full thread
can go basically as close to the shoulder as you dare.

--
atp
The idea that there is no such thing as objective truth is, quite simply, wrong.