> > Just out of curiousity Gene, why are you trying to use Inkscape for PC
> > boards when you could use Kicad, gEDA or the free version of Eagle?
>
> Can you say learning curve, combined with best utility?  Inkscape, with
the
> gcodes package installed, can export to gcode for starters, gEDA couldn't
the
> last time I looked, neither could eagle's free version, and I couldn't
find such
> a beast in KiCad's menu's 17 hours ago.  This may not be the best way, but
> from this admittedly beginner at chemical-less pcb fab, it looks like the
best
> way.  As for chemical fab, I did a lot of that back in the 60's when I was
at
> KOTA-TV in Rapid City because we made 50% or more of the stations gear in-
> house, including our dual microwave setup with a side leg to KDUH in
> Nebraska, from Rapid City to KLZ's old site on Lookout Mountain near
> denver.  Some of it, from Rapid City to a site in the Agate Beds National
> Monument, was also dual channel back-haul, and to that point all remote
> controlled from the Rapid City studios. In fact I designed and built the
remote
> controller, using then state of the art touch tone decoding relays.  My
gawd,
> that is nearly 50 years ago now.  Getting old isn't for wimps...

All of the electronics design software will generate gerber files that you
can send off to get professionally made.  I use www.batchpcb.com all the
time - at least to upload and get an instant quote.  Cheap, but a bit slow.

Or, once you have your gerber file, you can use Line Grinder
(http://www.ofitselfso.com/LineGrinder/LineGrinder.php) to generate the
isolation milling GCode.  I haven't tried it yet - still on my todo list.