On 22 January 2012 02:01, Tom Easterday <tom-...@bgp.nu> wrote:

> Also, if you select one of these items and change it's value using the
> keyboard numbers, it will not be saved unless you click an
>  up or down arrow selection

I think that the fact that you can type into the scrollboxes is
technically an oversight, as they do steal focus, and don't update.
(and you forgot their very annoying behaviour when you try to type a
negative number)

There is a patch that makes them update on enter or leaving the box,
but it isn't in the released code because they still steal focus so
are potentially dangerous.

I use them all the time.

The patched version of pyvcp_widgets.py can be found here.
http://www.bodgesoc.org/lathe/pyvcp_widgets.py

But I can't recall where I got the patch from, and it doesn't solve
the fact that when you are in the box even the ESC key doesn't work to
stop the machine.

--
atp
The idea that there is no such thing as objective truth is, quite simply, wrong.