Subject: Re: [Emc-users] 2.5 run-in-place or not

> well, since people keep tripping over this glade install path issue I
> looked into it and it seems it can be fixed:
>
> ===========
> Glade 3.3.3
> ===========
>    - Defined environment variables GLADE_MODULE_PATH & GLADE_CATALOG_PATH,
> catalogs will be
>      searched in GLADE_CATALOG_PATH and widget libraries/support modules
> in GLADE_MODULE_PATH. - Tristan Van Berkom
>

> I'll see how we can massage this into rip-environment so glade does the
> right thing when running RIP
>
> -m

Michael, greetings

The odd thing is that rip-environment seems to do the right thing with the
CATALOG_PATH

if [ -z "$GLADE_CATALOG_PATH" ]; then
    GLADE_CATALOG_PATH=$EMC2_HOME/lib/python/gladevcp
else
    GLADE_CATALOG_PATH=$EMC2_HOME/lib/python/gladevcp:"$GLADE_CATALOG_PATH"
fi

I get a host of errors strating with a load of "No icon named ....." when
trying to run  glade-manual.ui in glade 3.6.7

Anything you can turn up would be very handy. A jepler says, RIP seems to be
the default compile but I have no idea how to turn it off!

John Prentice