On 12 February 2012 14:02, Roland Jollivet <roland.jolli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I downloaded and burnt a CD of 2.4.6 and popped it into a windows machine
> to have a look at it....
>
> But... (I think) I can't actually run EMC because it wants to install a
> stepper config file on the drive, which I assume is a bad idea because it
> has windows on it.

If it can manage to do so, it probably won't matter, it is a small directory.
In practice it probably won't find anywhere to put it, whether it then
gives up gracefully is an interesting question.

> The only options I have are "OK" or "Cancel"
> How come there is no "No"?

I think that probably counts as a bug. Or at least an inelegance.

--
atp
The idea that there is no such thing as objective truth is, quite simply, wrong.