On Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:21:07 PM kqt4a...@gmail.com did opine:

> On Wed, 15 Feb 2012, gene heskett wrote:
> > On Wednesday, February 15, 2012 06:35:36 AM charles green did opine:
> >> get a CD that
> >> you dont want to listen to anymore, and cnc it out of that.  and then
> >> paint it black.
> >
> > Now that might be (the old cd) a usable idea.  I probably bin a 50
> > pack a year of those, old data & distro's going obsolete mostly.  And
> > that should be cheap enough even if I use a fresh cdr to serve as a
> > test developing tool.  I don't recall ever seeing a cd get hot enough
> > to warp either.  I can fine tune it 5 thou here, and 5 thou there to
> > optimize the design very easily.
>
> A hardrive disk?

Glass? That doesn't sound like it would be easily worked.  Really old ones,
alu maybe as I expect there's nothing gummy about that alloy.  I do have a
drive or 6 that could be sacrificed on that altar though.  Packratitis is a
serious disease, you could get killed in an earthquake that way.  :)

Cheers, Gene
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours.
                -- Messiah's Handbook : Reminders for the Advanced Soul