On 4/9/2012 8:42 AM, gene heskett wrote:
> On Monday, April 09, 2012 08:26:54 AM Mark Wendt did opine:
>
>> Ebay auction # 150730262099
>>
>> Mark
> Now that is kewl!  I'll likely catch hell from the missus for buying
> another toy, but my well grounded dual trace blew a bunch of stuff besides
> the fuse in the circuit I tried to hook a grounded probe to yesterday.
> This is a little short on bandwidth at 1mspl/12 bit, but its free floating
> and wouldn't have damaged anything when I hooked up its ground lead to the
> circuit.
>
> But that is a kit!  And I am not well equipt to handle surface mount stuff.

Gene:

I think you may be reading "kit" in the sense of Heathkit, Eico, Knight,
etc., where you could spend a weekend just shaking out the bags of
electronic parts.

I suspect the lister just meant the package to be bid on includes
several items. According to the eBay listing, the package includes 1
oscilloscope, 1 battery, 1 probe, and 1 USB cable.

You can always send a query to brainytrade via the eBay listing to be sure.

I confess this is cheap enough and sexy enough technically to give me an
itch too but I just hit up eBay for some other items. Hmmmm...

Regards,
Kent