Hello,

If anyone is interested I posted some picture of my HCNC project machine. I
have started the retro rebuild process.

Warning: the pictures my be disturbing to some machine lovers because of
all the missing parts...:)

http://www.conesusmachinetool.com/1/post/2012/04/hardinge-hcnc-lathe-rebuildretrofit.html

Because of the parts I am missing I am going to try to use a DC motor (as
suggest by someone on the IRC) or a stepper motor in place of the missing
air motor on the tool changer.

I am going to start there. I have the axis motors but not sure if I will
use them yet. I can just as easily replace them. I am leaning toward Gecko
servo drives so if I go that way I will probably replace them because of
the voltage limit on those drives.

I need a spindle motor. I have a PacSci AC servo motor (1.35KW) and drive.
I have not run the numbers to see if it would be a good choice. My gut
feeling is that it might be on the small side. If it is I will probably go
to a 3phase 3HP with VFD? Not sure what HP it came with.

Will build a custom enclosure similar to the mill enclosures I make.

I also have the coolant tank and pump and one of the pictures shows a
hydraulic panel? I have the over spindle mounted cut off slide? Was that
hydraulic? It looks like the collet closer was pneumatic?

I will update the blog as I make progress.

I appreciate the feedback and help I have gotten so far and hopefully
something from this project will benefit others in the future.

Oh and of course it will be controlled by LinuxCNC...

Mike