Ah, bummer.  That one looked to be in pretty nice shape, and all the
sections were the same length.

My rods go for $1500, $1600 if hollow built.  Hollow building is done by
fluting each individual strip, so that the center of the rod, when glued
up, looks sorta like a 6 leaf clover (of air).  It's done to lighten up
the larger rods, but has an interesting side effect.  With less mass,
the rod action seems to quicken up a bit.

Mark