On Mon, 2012-06-04 at 11:53 -0600, Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> you are basing this on what?

Rumor, supposition, hearsay, random tales, and watching the slow-motion
destruction of mobile phone innovation through internecine IP warfare.
The fact that a judge had to rule that APIs can't be copyrighted tells
you pretty nearly everything you need to know about the state of the
art.

Given the current attitude toward IP, there's no reason to expect
benevolent behavior from the major players. The only reason we don't see
lawyers catapulting over the parapets seems to be that the minor players
lack enough money to make it worthwhile... [grin]

I've started reading the old 3D printing patents. It's heavy going, but
many of the clever ideas I've had / seen elsewhere seem to be covered.
Verily, there's little new under the sun and, of course, I'm now coated
with a thin layer of precious IP floobydust.

As the saying goes: It's not whether you're paranoid, it's whether
you're paranoid *enough*.

--
Ed
http://softsolder.com