On Sun, 2012-09-09 at 12:37 -0400, Kent A. Reed wrote:
> Using the "hot key" sequence I can switch between ports
> connected to MS Windows systems or from one of them to a port connected
> to a Linux system but not vice versa. I have to use the port-selector
> buttons on the case to switch from a Unix system.

These may be relevant:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=26548

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/kvm-switch-hotkey-does-not-work-781707/

It seems NumLock can also serve as a hotkey, which I would *not* have
expected in the least, or that you can work around the problem by
switching to a console, rather than the GUI.

Now, as to how a PC swallows keystrokes from a USB keyboard that's
plugged into a KVM switch *upstream* of the PC, I have no idea...

--
Ed
http://softsolder.com