From: Stuart Stevenson
Sent: 04/21/13 07:01 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Pacer CNC router

Aaron, Linuxcnc will almost certainly control the servo drives. The servo
drives control the servo motors. Are the servo drives and servo motors in
running condition? On Apr 21, 2013 12:55 PM, "aaron moore"
<aaronmo...@linuxmail.org> wrote: > Hello list > I work part time at Falmouth
University where they have a £70,000 Pacer > CNC router that has gone wrong for
the 2nd time in a year. Apparently the > drivers have a design fault and are
now obselete. Pacer are happy to fix > them for £1000 a time but will not
upgrade the machine. Does any one know > if LinuxCNC can be used on such a
large servo set up and if so how do we go > about aquiring the necessary
drivers and control gear assuming the sevos > themselves are useable? Big ask I
know, but I only have stepper expeience > and am way out of my depth here. >
Thanx to all who will advise > Best > Aaron > > Re-Form Furniture > Aaron Moore
890084 > Mob: 07805686188 > Email:aaronmo...@linuxmail.org > Web:
www.re-formfurniture.co.uk > >