On 7 May 2013 01:07, john d norton <j...@jnfabs.co.uk> wrote:

> http://www.baldor.com/support/Literature/Load.ashx/MN1942?ManNumber=MN1942

Ah, OK, servo in step-dir mode. I was assuming stepper motors.

8.1.6 says minimum 12V, max 30V, so you are going to need a buffer.

The inputs are already opto-isolated so the UNL2003 seems about right.

I suspect that many of the breakout boards on the market that say that
they need a 5V supply would actually work perfectly happily on 24V
(things like
http://www.zappautomation.co.uk/en/breakout-boards/398-zp5a-int.html
for example), though I could imagine the indicator LEDs dying
instantly.

I have a whole tube of ULN2003 if you want me to bung a couple in the post.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.