2013/6/15 Andy Pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>:
> On 15 Jun 2013, at 06:38, Cecil Thomas <wctho...@chartertn.net> wrote:
>> Does anyone have any reason for picking the L series over the T10 due
>> to cost, availability, load capacity etc between the two either for
>> the belts themselves or for the pulleys.
>
> I would choose purely on the basis of availability.
> I have the hob to cut T5 on anything if you find you need something very
> custom. (And eBay.co.uk has the hobs for many other profiles, though listed
> as gear hobs)

I run my steel router with really tiny timing belts (~3:1 factor) and
I think it is a T5. They can take uge loads even at at small sizes. If
you go bananas and want to make the hobs yourself a T10 is easier to
make as you can use larger cutters. Otherwise I'm with Andy,
availability is a strong keyword.

/S