On 7/22/13 15:02 , Frederic RIBLE wrote:

> Le 2013-07-21 19:19, Sebastian Kuzminsky a écrit :
>>
>> In brief, what you should do is this:
>>
>> 1. clone the git repo at git://git.linuxcnc.org/git/linuxcnc.git
>> 2. create and check out a new branch off master
>> 3. add your new driver to your new branch
>> 4. either push your branch to a public git repo (lots of us like to
>> use github for this), or prepare your commits for email submission
>> 5. send us a link to your repo or an email with your commits
>>
>> Then I'll take a look at your branch and help with any build and
>> packaging integration issues.
>
> Thank you very much. The procedure looks clear.

Great!  :-)

> What is the deadline to have it ready for LinuxCNC 2.6 ?

We don't have a hard deadline for 2.6.  We're waiting on a couple of
other feature branches: the new rtos support branch, and the joints/axes
branch.  Once those go in i'll make the 2.6 branch.

Since your work is a stand-alone driver, it's fairly isolated and should
have minimal impact on the rest of the project.  Therefore I'm more
willing to accept it later in the release process.

I think it would be beneficial for you and your users to get it into the
master branch sooner rather than later, to get improved ease of use and
the wider testing that comes from it, but it's up to you.

Wow, re-reading that i see that it sounds very vague.  Let me try this
instead:  Can you have a branch ready for review in a week or two?  ;-)

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky