Quoth Chris Morley.....

>> From: russ...@lls.lls.com
>> ...  I just changed the INI file as I had with the
>> vanilla parallel port setup and as the docs suggest was normal practise
>> after generating the initial config.
>
>Where in the docs did you see this? It is normal but we should mention
>the problem you have encountered (needing to adjust both)

Sixth para of:

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/config/pncconf.html

which I admit doesn't say "just change the INI file" :-)

I'm sure I've seen the "use {step,pnc}conf to get you going then tinker
with the generated files" concept in several other places during my
brief journey with Linuxcnc.

For me as a neophyte, having mucked about with a standard Parallel port
setup by changing the INI file, it didn't occur to me to examine the HAL
file for velocity type tweakery when I installed the Mesa card.

Mea Culpa but I'm sure I won't be the only one (although this faux pas
has been avoided in the next release anyway).

PS - Chris:  I'm not complaining about PnCConf in any way.  It's a
terrific tool to get one off the ground in what is a sometimes steep
learning curve.  Many thanks for your efforts.

--
 Regards,
     Russell