Guys,

I wrote a user space python component simulating my tool changer, it works
like expected in 2.5 but it doesn't start in 2.6-pre. Actually LinuxCNC
doesn't start at all. I have tested this in SIM mode with both Axis and
Gmoccapy. In 2.5 it works fine with the Axis config.

This behaviour can be reproduced with the user space example from the
documentation.
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/hal/halmodule.html

Copy it into a text file, make it executable and add it in a HAL file with
  loadusr -W /path/to/your/test/file
This example also works fine in 2.5

When LinuxCNC starts the component isn't treated as ready and the output is
  Waiting for component [your_comp] to become ready.................
You can now joyfully watch the number of dots increase.

Is it a defect or are there changes in user space treatment in 2.6?

/Sven