On 10/31/2013 07:38 AM, Gregg Eshelman wrote:
> Once achieving a state where all of a program works, it's a good idea to
> do a renumber then continue work on a copy.
>
> If G-Code cannot handle gaps in its line numbers, then perhaps an editor
> could do so, then have a Save As runnable output function which
> automatically renumbers with a step of one and another option to save
> the editing version with the gaps?

If you already are in need for a program to help you to fix a program,
then why not fix the language in the first place?

G-code has already evolved through time to support many more features
than originally envisioned, but it still suffers from the the same
archaic syntax. That was (and is) my objection. Even basic evolved into
a (almost) context-free grammar, for the better or worse, in visual
basic. Please note that you can write "bad" code in any language...

I am not forcing anybody to change their habbits or preferences, only
hoping to. I am trying to provide an alternative. Explaining why I want
to provide an alternative seems a reasonable thing to do.

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)