"We are using a system for lathe tools using a T word with the tool
number and offset together in one number. I haven't had any trouble with
it, so far. What user interface are you using?"

We are using GScreen. We will lose the ability to read any of the tool data
and have to make a new tool table with new data entered and re-apply before
Linuxcnc can recognize the tool. Returns a message "Tool not available" we
then either re-apply or in extreme cases have to make a new tool table
because it will not read any of the data for any tool.