From: Marius Liebenberg
Sent: 11/09/13 11:17 AM
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] (no subject)

Aaron When you cut stuff with a lot of little cuts, especially curved cuts, the
speed will always be slow. If you look at the constant velocity parameters of
any CNC machine you will find that the machine has to accelerate and then
decelerate again at the beginning and end of every cut or move. Unless you have
a very light gantry with a huge acceleration, you will have a slow response.
When the cuts are very short the machine does not have enough time to get to
the requested feed rate before it has to slow down again. It is one of the
pains of cutting 3D stuff. On 2013/11/09 12:58 PM, aaron moore wrote: > Hi > I
am trying to get my head around running a rotary axis on top of a 3 axis
router, but I am having problems; > > The main one is low feed speed. I have
tried editing the code and increasing feed and acceleration in the ini file to
increase the speed, but in makes no difference. I am trying to cut a helical
final cut, which seems to have lots of tiny moves, but other files I hav
 e tried are almost as slow. Can any one offer some advice? The computer I run
Lcnc on is very old an slow, does that have any bearing? > Thanx in advance >
Aaron > > Re-Form Furniture > Aaron Moore > Conileigh > Skinners Bottom >
Redruth > Cornwall > TR16 5DY > > Tel: 01209 890084 > Mob: 07805686188 >
Email:aaronmo...@linuxmail.org > Web: www.re-formfurniture.co.uk >
 roete Marius D. Liebenberg MasterCut cc Cel: +27 82 698 3251 Tel: +27 12 743
6064 Fax: +27 86 551 8029 Skype: marius_d.liebenberg --- This email is free
from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.