(Ok here I am mumbling into a microphone before the crowd... )

But going way, way, way back ( Picture in your minds eye teletypes and paper
tape programs...) I had always wanted a ramped feed rate command.

Like

G1 X1. Z-.25 F20.
( ramp command) X4. Z-1. F5.

So that the move from X1. Z-.25 to X4. Z-1. would start at F20. and slow to F5.
by completion of the move.

This could be a one shot ( like a G04 ) or modal, or both.

Another use would be for a part off lathe tool being fed in FeedPerMin vrs
FeedPerRevolution.

Same could apply to feeding a tapered ream, start at F.02 end at F.002 ( FPR )

Often there are other easy ways to do things, but sometimes it would be the
best method - were it available.

Just thinking outloud

Greg