Am 02.03.2014 um 14:42 schrieb W. Martinjak <mats...@play-pla.net>:

>> The current implementation uses a Websockets proxy server based on
>> libwebsockets (http://libwebsockets.org/trac/libwebsockets). That is a
>> relatively low level bridge, but it is very fast, has a stable API, and the
>> package is well supported by author and community. It also builds easily. So
>> it's a safe stopgap.
> Another candidate I would suggest is
>     https://github.com/zaphoyd/websocketpp .

I looked at this one too.

I decided to go for libwebsockets for several reasons: the support for the
various websockets standards versions was better in libwebsockets, and author
and community behind libwebsockets are very active. The real stopper though was
the event loop support - either iostream or Boost.Asio are not very good
choices IMO. Also, I already had contributed patches to libwebsockets which
make the interworking with the zeroMQ event loop easier. That's where the real
work starts - picking something is quick, but making packages from different
background and different assumptions work together without contortions can be a
challenge.

> I think it's a easy task for jeff and/or axel. (I wasn't saying anything ;)

I have bad news: this is equally hard for all of us, so passing the buck just
failed

>> In fact I would be very interested to cooperate with a person knowledgeable
>> in node.js for a prototype interface to what I already have. Any takers?
> Sorry my nodejs experiences are very  low.

well mine are zero. Drafted, thank you very much!