On 2014-03-21 17:29, andy pugh wrote:
> On 21 March 2014 15:17, Marius Liebenberg <mar...@mastercut.co.za> wrote:
>
>> . The trick with this lathe is that is is two lathes in
>> one. A mirrored setup with a dual tool post in the middle and a spindle
>> on both ends
> A picture would help a lot.
Very straight forward really. Not a standard lathe but a custom made to
cut plastic. Looks much like a wood lathe with two chucks. Linear slides
along the Z axis with a chuck at each end. One X axis with permanent
tools set up at both ends of the tool holder.
> Do you want to use XZ for both spindles, or would XZ for one and UW
> for the other be better?
I was hoping to use XZ for both if possible. The action of G10 L2 P1
R180 would have worked if I did not want to swing around the X. It is
exactly what I want but just for swinging around the X axis. It means
that Z is reorientated.
> Either option is relatively straightforward apart from avoiding
> following errors when you switch spindles, or switch the toolpost to
> following a different G-code output.
I would like to keep the same gcode if possible.

Will I have to remap the G10 maybe or do you have a better solution?

--

Regards /Groete

Marius D. Liebenberg
+27 82 698 3251