> Am 26.03.2014 um 16:53 schrieb Rod Fitzsimmons Frey <rodf...@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi!  I'm merrily trying to remap M6 using the guidelines at
> http://linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/remap/structure.html#_configuring_iocontrol_with_a_remapped_m6.
> I'm trying to use all-python to implement my rack toolchanger.
>
> I have some stuff working - change_epilog in stdglue.py is called, my code
> executes and moves the spindle to the correct location for the new tool,
> etc. But change_epilog isn't called.  I put a print statement as the first
> line in both change_prolog and change_epilog - the former is executed but
> the latter is not.
>
> Perhaps as a result of change_epilog not getting called, my current tool is
> never changed from -1.  (Although that could be something else if there's a
> step I'm missing in my toolchange code.)
>
> My ini file line is
> REMAP=M6 modalgroup=6 prolog=change_prolog epilog=change_epilog
> py=toolchange
>
> and the epilog signature (unchanged from src) is
> def change_epilog(self, **words):
>
> Any advice?

yes

what you are doing is an all-python remapped code

now the prolog and epilog Python handlers are there to extract parameters, and
set the environment for a _ngc_ remap function

if you are doing all-python you can collapse all code into a single python
remap body (all code will go into py=toolchange)

so just drop the prolog and epilog handlers, do it all in toolchange() and you
should be fine

there was a problem with three python handlers in sequence; not sure if it is
mentioned in the docs or just the code; since the separate pre- and post
handlers dont make sense anyway I avoided the issue by not calling them

let me know if you get stuck - just push your config and coce beforehand so I
can have a look

- Michael