On Saturday 29 March 2014 12:41:32 Jeshua Lacock did opine:

> On Mar 28, 2014, at 5:35 PM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> >> I just received a grade B granite surface that has a very dull/matte
> >> finish. I was planning to use it for both reference and photography
> >> and the image advertised showed it glossy (which is why I ordered
> >> it). I contacted the vendor and they told me it is impossible to
> >> make granite have a natural gloss to it. At the same time, my other
> >> granite surface is shiny as glass.
> >
> > Me thinks you need to escalate that with your source, he is lying. Go
> > look at any tombstone. I have  a 12 x 18 I carried out the door of
> > Grizzly up in Muncy PA several years back that is just like a mirror,
> > but fairly close to black.
>
> I thought the same thing Gene, but sense I think I would have to pay for
> shipping back it is a loose loose situation for me unless I can pretty
> the darn stone up.

I think, since what you are using it for, that you couldn't damage it by
finding some real carnaba wax, melting some of it into a sheepskin bonnet
for a polisher, and then really bearing down to warm up the sheepskin and
apply the polish.  It shouldn't effect the surface accuracy as it will
basically just fill the pores.  But leave the car polishes at the store,
they are generally as much abrasive as cheap wax.  I have about 1 oz left
in a pound can of "TreWax" that I have been using on gun metal for a
parting agent when glass bedding poorly bedded rifles for the last 50
years.  It is as close to the real stuff as I could find.  The real stuff
is very hard at room temps.  So is this stuff in its old age.

> Besides the money, it would be a bet of a set back for my schedule.
>

> Best,
>
> Jeshua Lacock
> Founder/Engineer
> 3DTOPO Incorporated