On Thursday 03 April 2014 22:01:14 lloyd wilson did opine:

> A requirement has popped up for digitizing an object, so I started
> looking for a sample program to adapt. There is one reference in the
> wiki to a program called emcProbe, which is dated 2005. No (at least on
> the first few pages) references to that program show up on internet
> searches, and no alternatives show up in the wiki or on the forum.  Is
> there a sanctioned sample probe program anywhere in the LCNC universe?
> Or is someone willing to share a program?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> -ldw

Most such time killers are generally written by whoever has the itch,
Lloyd.  How long it takes is a function of the grid resolution you want,
and to some extent the type of probe used.  The only one I wrote was to
copy the faces of a rifle magazine floor plate for an old P17 of mine that
I thought might be a little easier to carry afield if I made an alu floor
plate, thereby lightening a 14 lb monster to 13 lbs 15 oz.  About a week
into the project I balanced the books and the pieces are still in the shop
drawer, in the white.  I could carry one less spare round and lighten the
load about the same, for a P.O. Ackley-06.  Never needed more than 3 anyway
& that time was because I needed a sighter shot at 640 yards.  I put the
2nd and 3rd rounds through him about 2" apart.  He ate well.  Nice rack
too, wish I still had it.  I still have the P17, but its due for the 2nd
new barrel since then, 4000 rounds a barrel usually, but this one has some
rust pits near the muzzle so its well on its way to another new Douglas
now, but I'm about wore out too as I come up on 80yo this fall, so I'll
likely let one of my boys worry about it.

Cheers, Gene