Am 07.04.2014 um 17:52 schrieb Rod Fitzsimmons Frey <rodf...@gmail.com>:

> Hi!  I'm having some issues with remapping M6 when I up my feed rates.  My
> program works great at 750mm/min, but when I up it to 2000mm/min I get this
> error:
>
> M7x: restore_settings failed executing: ' F2000.0': Queue is not empty
> after tool change
>
> It will happen a few hundred commands into the path with whatever tool I've
> set to the higher feed rate.
>
> Any pointers or hints?

yes - first please post the context: configs and the exact command being
executed

(as a general guideline for reporting errors, see
https://github.com/mhaberler/asciidoc-sandbox/wiki/Reporting-an-error-with-Machinekit
 )

background of the error (happened to me already, too!):

the code violates an invariant, that is: for any 'queuebuster' type operations,
post that operation the task/interpeter/motion complex waits for all commands
up to that operation have been completed; then goes ahead and synchronizes the
interpreter with the actual state of the machine, then continues the program

if you want to really know it all.. read this:

http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/remap/structure.html#_a_short_survey_of_linuxcnc_program_execution

I recently wrote up a note which explains how the interpreter interacts with
the rest of linuxcnc, this is a bit more detailed:

https://github.com/mhaberler/asciidoc-sandbox/wiki/Interpreter-control-flow-explained

I cant conjecture where that comes from without seeing the config and the remap
Python+NGC code though

- Michael