On 4/28/14 10:59 , Charles Buckley wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    So, I pulled down Debian Wheezy the other day (version Debian 7.5). I ran
> into a number of problems getting linuxcnc to compile on it. Most of the
> instructions are for other versions of the kernel.
>
>    Is there a webpage or instructions on how to build for a new kernel
> level? It looks like there needs to be a real-time kernel built, so I was
> looking for a direction to go there.

You can use the RTAI kernel that we ship for Ubuntu Precise, it works
fine on Debian Wheezy.  Note our RTAI debs are currently only available
for 32-bit, so if you have an amd64 install of Debian Wheezy you'll need
to reinstall with the i386 flavor.

Get it from here: http://linuxcnc.org/dists/precise/base/binary-i386

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky