Gene,

The new screws (if single start) move the axis almost twice as far
per step (2.5mm vs 1.27mm) so the new scale will need about half as
many steps to move one inch.

So new scale = old scale x 1.27mm/2.5mm  or old scale x .508

New scale  = 64000 x .508  = 32512

You could also approach the problem by saying that the new screws
have 10.16 tpi (25.4/2.5) so the new scale would be old scale x 10.16tpi/20tpi

still comes up 64000 x 10.16/20 =  64000 x .508 = 32512

Cecil