Greetings;

I am of a mind to see if I can't enhance the stop and turnaround times of 
the rube goldbergish hal file I have now that lets me use the G33.1 in a 
peck loop.

I did some measurements yesterday to see how much actual over-travel I was 
getting between the time the SW thinks it has reversed the spindle as 
indicated by the extent lines drown in the backplot, vs the actual over 
travel encountered when the spindle is turning 300 rpms.  This was cutting 
air, so would be reduced by the load of actually driving a tap, but the 
slowdown to stopped measures about 5.25 turns while driving a phantom 1 mm 
pitch tap at 300 rpm.

That is excessive IMO.

The thought crosses my mind that I could enhance this phase of the 
reversal by leaving the driver active which I am not now, as I'm just 
putting load R's all the way down to a short in 3 steps, switching the 
relays with wcomp outputs until its essentially stopped, then reactivating 
the driver chain in the other direction by switching the motors polarity, 
and doing the limit2 defined acceleration from stopped in the other 
direction.

But if I just reverse that relay leaving the current load R's in series 
with the driver to motor circuit until speed has been obtained as detected 
by a near module as a way to control the actual current to around 10 amps.

Has anyone ever attempted to do this?  Or do most just throw money for a 
motor and VFD out the door to do this?  I can buy a full 4 quadrant driver 
for about $125 more than this one cost but haven't talked to them about 
its performance yet.  I do know it needs externally supplied dump 
resistance but thats about all.

Does the limiting R method of doing the reversal even look like its worth 
investigating?

Thank you for any comments.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-- 
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>
US V Castleman, SCOTUS, Mar 2014 is grounds for Impeaching SCOTUS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Reply via email to