On 17.09.14 23:50, andy pugh wrote:
> On 17 September 2014 23:20, David Bagby <d...@calypsoventures.com> wrote:
> > Along those lines, folks may find this interesting:
> > https://www.lab-nation.com/
> >
> > 2 channel 100 MHz scope, 8 channel logic analyzer, wave for generator,
> > pick your favorite screen flavor.
> > OSx, Linux, Windwos, Android or iOS.
>
> Along the same lines: http://redpitaya.com

The similar sort of unit I bought a couple of years ago, an earlier
model of the 2 channel one here:

http://bitscope.com/product/

began life as an open-source design. It's also 100 Ms/s, etc., but the
price then was more than the newer gadgets seem to be now. At the time,
it was the only one I could find which would run under linux. The sturdy
AL extruded case is nice.

It's a good idea to buy at least one HV rated x10 probe together with
one of these small units. The inputs on mine are only rated to 63v, so a
good x10 probe is needed before poking around in 240v mains stuff.

Erik

--
Most of us, when all is said and done, like what we like and make up
reasons for it afterwards.                       - Søren F. Petersen