Most of my LinuxCNC installations include a PLC and I usually
communicate to them via Modbus RTU (serial) or Modbus TCP.

So far I've used Siemens, AB, and Automation Direct PLCs with LinuxCNC.

I have always used CL to do the Modbus interface.   It works!

CL can do Modbus registers, inputs, outputs, and internal coils.

Dave

On 11/19/2014 10:20 AM, Peter C. Wallace wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2014, Rick Lair wrote:
>
>> Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:13:39 +0000
>> From: Rick Lair <r...@superiorroll.com>
>> To: "emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
>> Subject: [Emc-users] Something of Interest
>>
>> Not sure if this compatible or not, but I was just perusing thru
>> Automation Directs web page, and noticed this. Its new for them, and it
>> looks interesting, and I would be willing to try it out for grins if it
>> would work with Linuxcnc.
>>

> Since its modbus/tcp it should be possible to make it work maybe with
> mb2hal or classic ladder. One first thing to ask is whether there is register
> level data available for the modules.
>

>> http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Overview/Catalog/Field_I-z-O/Protos_X_I-z-O
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> Rick
>>

>> Superior Roll & Turning
>> 399 East Center Street
>> Petersburg MI, 49270
>> 734-279-1831
>> www.superiorroll.com
>>
> Peter Wallace
> Mesa Electronics
>
> (\__/)
> (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
> (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

---
is active.