On 12/2/2014 10:17 AM, dave wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to migrate from my ancient mb on the cinci to a D525MW.
> The system device is an 8 mb CF plugged into one of mesa's CF to SATA
> adapters. My linux install won't format it.  i.e. install sees my usb
> flash drive with the install on it but cannot see the target CF.

Does it show up in BIOS setup? If you can't see it there, no operating
system can.

Do you have it plugged into a SATA RAID controller? Some of those have a
BIOS that only works with real hard drives or devices that perfectly
emulate a hard drive like an SSD, even when not being used in RAID mode.

---