Hi Riza!

On 07.04.2015 22:11, Abdul Rahman Riza wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I just Installed built in LinuxCNC integrated with debian wheezy under
> my Dell Inspiron 640M laptop and I have several unused servomotor to
> start with.
>
> My question:
> 1. How do I setup testing my servos using LinuxCNC just to ensure it
> works properly before I build my simple 2 axis CNC experiment?

That mainly depends on the drivers for your servos. The motors are one
thing, but you will need some kind of controller for them. There are
countless ways to do it, some need a simple analog voltage as speed or
torque setpoint with the control loop being closed by the computer, some
take a stream of pulses (usually step&dir, altough I consider this the
worst interface variant) and control position themselves. Even more
integrated ones may have a digital interface like Ethernet or RS485 or
something. The latter may give best performance when it comes to very
dynamic systems, but they are usually also the most complicated ones to
get up and running.

> 2. Its written LinuxCNC can't work under laptop but works under raspbery
> pi, why?

I don't think it's impossible on a Laptop, but because of all the power
management stuff usually found in their hardware and BIOS, it may be
very hard to obtain good realtime performance. This is especially true
if you need to generate reasonably fast signals, like for a step&dir
pulse train (needs deterministic latency in the range of a few
microseconds for decent performance). If you have a digital controller
which mainly only needs position commands, it should work also with a
Laptop. But always remember that most notebooks are not really made for
an industrial environment.

> 3. How can I find CNC routers equipments?

Others can certainly comment much better on this subject. But it would
probably be good to know where you are located approximately to give
"regional advice".

Cheers,
Philipp